Projects and Services Scope
With the Filipino workforce at the center of the DOLE’s strategic goals to be gainfully employed, globally competitive, secure, safe and healthy, the Department prioritizes the delivery of the following services and implementation of their corresponding programs and projects:
- Job Search Assistance Services for Wage Employment to increase the number of job seekers placed through various employment exchange facilities (i.e., Public Employment Service Office, Private Recruitment and Placement Agencies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors, Phil-Jobnet, Employment Kiosks) and career advocacy.
|Labor Market Information and Networking Program
|Capacity-Building Program for Employment Service Providers
|Bridging Employment Assistance Program for Youth
- Capacity-building Services for Livelihood to assist disadvantage workers who opt to engage in self-employment of entrepreneurial undertakings as their source of income. Services include livelihood formation for disadvantaged unemployed workers in engaging in livelihood; informal sector workers in enhancing their existing livelihood; wage worker in engaging in income augmenting collective enterprises; and OFWs and their families in engaging in self-employment and in enhancing their existing livelihood.
|Unlad Kabuhayan ( Livelihood Enhancement)|
|Kabuhayan Starter KITS (Livelihood Formation)|
|Balik Kabuhayan (Livelihood Restoration)|
|Dagdag Kabuhayan (Income Augmentation)|
- Social Partnership Promotion and Dispute Resolution Services to preserve employment through the provision and implementation of measures and interventions that promote harmonious and cooperative worker-employer relations, collective bargaining and expeditious and fair resolutions of labor disputes, labor education, and social dialogues thereby avoiding and reducing job losses and work disruptions due to labor disputes.
|Dispute Prevention and Settlement Program
|Workers Organization Program
|Continuing Labor and Employment Education Program
|Workplace Cooperation, Partnership and Tripartism Program
Broadcast Industry Tripartite Council
Education Industry Tripartite Council
Hospital Industry Tripartite Council
Bus Transport ITC
Logistics and Cargo Handling ITC
Fishing Industry ITC
Hotel & Restaurant ITC
- Professional Regulation Services, Technical-Vocational Education, Skills Competency and Productivity Trainings to enhance the competencies and employability of the employed and unemployed/underemployed workers. This is made possible through the provision of short-term courses in various trades particularly in demand-driven and emerging skills in the labor market.
|Career Guidance and Employment Coaching Program
- Services to Safeguard Fair and Just Terms and Conditions of Employment to protect workers’ rights at the local front by assisting large, medium and small business firms comply with general labor standards. This is made possible through three approaches, namely Self-Assessment, Inspection, and Technical Assistance Visits; and other regulatory services.
|Labor Standards Enforcement Program
|Employment Regulation Program
- Social Protection and Welfare Services to facilitate workers access and enrollment to social security (SSS, Philhealth), especially the informal sector workers and OFWs who are not usually covered by the social protection schemes of the government.
|Child Labor Prevention / Elimination Program
|Family Welfare Program (FWP)
|DOLE Adjustment Measures Program (AMP) for workers affected by economic crisis, and natural and man-made calamities.|
- Work Accidents/Illnesses Prevention and Work Compensation and Rehabilitation Services to increase workers knowledge and skills on occupational safety and health (OSH) at the workplace through advocacy, enforcement and capacity-building to reduce the number of workers with work-related accidents, injuries and illnesses. The program also includes provision of compensation and rehabilitation services for occupationally-disabled workers.
|Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Training, Orientations and Seminars|
|Zero Accident Program (ZAP)
Safety Officers Accreditation Program